French Fire Brigade Secured by ACT
Published by James McAlister on Friday, November 25, 2016
Eff Eff, ACT’s partner in France have won a three-year public contract to supply ACT products to the northern region of the Department of Fire and Rescue (SDIS) in France. The SDIS have 121 locations in the northern region of France and are responsible for the prevention, protection, and fight against fires. In addition, they participate with other public services during emergency evacuations, natural disasters, and catastrophes.
ACTpro equipment is currently being rolled out across 121 SDIS locations. Many of the locations have two doors to secure while some facilities have up to five doors. At each door, an ACTpro 1500e controller accompanied by the ACTpro 1030e slimline proximity readers has been installed. ACTpro provides SDIS with the following benefits:
• Reduced Costs: Never change a lock on these doors again.
• Convenient: Easily enable or disable cards or fobs for joining/leaving employees.
• Secure Doors: Doors are secured when door is closed.
• Control Access Rights & Times: Decide when and where staff have access.
• Reporting: Know the who when and where in your premises
• Fire Muster List: Keep an accurate list of all employees on site in the event of a fire.
SDIS have their own technical team who carry out the installation of the ACTpro hardware. The ACTpro 1500e has given the installer ultimate flexibility. They can install the controller using IP at every door, create a hub from RS485 or, most importantly, expand using Ethernet by utilising the unit’s dual Ethernet switch. The controller is both flexible and scalable.
There are currently ten sites installed to date with another forty sites coming on line in 2017.